Seven Corners Medical Center
Internal Medicine & Primary Care Practice located in Falls Church, VA
One of the best ways to protect your wellness is by having regular physical examinations by a qualified provider. George Sopko, MD, MPH, and Anu George, MD, of Seven Corners Medical Center in Falls Church, Virginia, offer a variety of comprehensive physicals. Whether you need a general annual physical or a specialized immigration physical, they can help. To schedule your physical, call the office or book an appointment online.
Physical Exams Q & A
What is a physical?
A physical is an overall assessment of your health performed by your primary care provider. A regular, comprehensive physical exam helps to establish a lifetime of wellness and nurture trust in your healthcare provider. The exam and screenings performed at these checkups can also prevent acute and chronic diseases.
During a physical, Dr. George or Dr. Sopko take time to:
- Update your health record
- Monitor your chronic health problems
- Assess you for symptoms of acute illness
- Identify your increased health risks
- Update your immunizations
- Evaluate your current medication list
- Educate and answer any questions you may have
- Encourage healthy habits
- Create and update your holistic plan of care
If your employer, sports organization, insurance company, or the government requires you to have a physical, your provider adapts your exam to meet their requirements. They also complete any necessary paperwork.
What are some kinds of physicals?
Seven Corners Medical Center offers a variety of physical exams, including annual, school, and sports physicals, as well as insurance physicals. Job-related exams, such as pre-employment physicals and disability-benefits physicals are also provided.
Dr. George also offers immigration physicals and Department of Transportation (DOT) physicals, which each requires specific types of assessments and detailed reporting.
What happens during a physical?
During your physical, your provider collects valuable information regarding your health by:
- Taking your vital signs
- Recording your weight and height
- Collecting urine for urinalysis
- Collecting blood for routine laboratory testing
- Assessing each of your body systems
- Evaluating your mental health
- Asking questions about current health habits
- Answering any questions or concerns you may have
- Making changes to your medications and treatment plan
Depending on their findings, your provider may order follow-up testing, including specialized bloodwork, diagnostic studies, cancer screenings, or an EKG.
How does my provider assess each body system?
During a physical exam, your provider gets a complete picture of your wellness by assessing each primary body system.
A system assessment includes:
- Checking your skin for infection or wounds
- Looking inside your nose, mouth, and ears
- Testing your vision and hearing
- Listening to your heart, lungs, and digestive system sounds
- Feeling the abdomen and skin
- Testing your reflexes, coordination, and balance
- Monitoring blood flow in your extremities
- Checking for any signs of poor circulation
- Evaluating your coordination and muscle movement
- Assessing your mental and emotional health
Physicals are tailored for your age, gender, and health history. In addition to a regular assessment, men receive a prostate check and get prostate-related blood work and women receive a breast and pelvic exam.
After your physical, your provider discusses any findings, makes adjustments to your plan of care, orders further testing or treatments, and encourages lifestyle changes that may benefit your overall health.
To schedule your physical and create a plan for your ongoing wellness, call the office or schedule an appointment online with Seven Corners Medical Center today.
Primary Caremore info
Clinical Trialsmore info
Immigration Physicalsmore info
Weight Lossmore info
Body Sculptingmore info
CBD Oil Certificationmore info
Physical Examsmore info
DOT Physicalsmore info
High Blood Pressuremore info
High Cholesterolmore info
Attention Deficit Disordermore info
H. Pylori Gastritismore info
STD Testingmore info